« Home | onething Winnipeg! » | SoS Thoughts... » | Bye bye Myspace » | Update » | A Question to ponder... » | Sanctuary! » | Beeee-Log »

The Voice of one crying out....on Portage Ave??

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sadly, back in the day, I used to be concerned about what people would think of me if I mentioned Jesus to them or talked about Him in front of them.

Praise the Lord for breaking off the fear of man!......

Today was my coffee catch-up day with my dear friend Steph. So I decided to pick her up from work and we'd take it from there. Due to my miscommunication, we ended up on opposite sides of Portage Ave at Edmonton St. If any of you know downtown Winnipeg, I was on the Portage Place side and she was across the way on the Boyd(i think) Medical Centre side.

I pulled into a no-parking zone and threw on my hazards because she was in conversation with someone on the other side. I hoped that my voice was strong enough to get her attention.

"Steph!" she heard and looked around with a confused look on her face and went back to her conversation.

"Steph!" once again she heard but I think she thought perhaps she was hearing things. She once again went back to her conversation.

Well, this sucks. I didn't want to get out of the car and cross the street but it was looking like I'd have to....but then I had another plan..."I will get out of my car but instead of her name I'll say"...

"JESUS IS COMING!" I yelled excessively loudly on the street. She unfortunately didn't hear it but everyone around me did. I turned and saw mortified faces and one person looking up in the sky, puzzled.

Mission failed....

"JESUS IS COMING!" said it again and once again, everyone else heard except Steph.

Great.....now I'm really going to have to cross the street...unless...

I decided to try one more off-the-wall tactic.

"RETURN OF THE BRIDEGROOM! RETURN OF THE BRIDEGROOM!"

I'm sure everyone around me thought I was nuts...which is fine. One particular person asked "are you looking for someone?"

"Yes, the girl across the street."
"Maybe you should just go over...."

Well, I thought of that but didn't want to do it. I eventually did and we were on our way, but c'mon! The tactics, if heard, would have worked, don't you agree (steph?)?

I think it would have been classic if I had a sign or something as well....The classic crazy person on the side of the road Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(perhaps a John the Baptist in Winnipeg...) The voice of one crying out on Portage Avenue?

Now thinking about it, I should have told that lady that I was looking for my Beloved and if she found Him, to tell Him I'm lovesick!:P

Meh, I probably made a fool of myself...I had fun with it...
Even so..Come Lord Jesus Come!

You are funny, Cam! So bold!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Camillia
  • From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • God has captivated my heart, stolen my gaze and has all my affections. I'm committed to pursuing the One who first pursued me. I want to Stand, Serve, Minister and Burn before the Uncreated God.
My profile