« Home | The Voice of one crying out....on Portage Ave?? » | onething Winnipeg! » | SoS Thoughts... » | Bye bye Myspace » | Update » | A Question to ponder... » | Sanctuary! » | Beeee-Log »

Quick Update

I have tons on my mind to be released in classic blog form soon but here's a quick little update about what's happened in the past couple days.

I left in my trusty van on Thursday morning for Grand Forks and then was on my way into the air. I was heading out to Jacksonville, Florida for an international Women's Conference with 4 other ladies (including my mommy). The conference was really good. Speaking on the times we're living in and the need for people who are in tune with God and His purposes.

Unfortunately not too many people (including bus drivers) knew much about how to get around town, so we were limited to a shopping in a few places near by unless we wanted to pay ridiculous amounts for taxi's all the time. A bit of a bummer but we made it through!We had some good shopping time and some time to just enjoy the scenery of the city. Many shops and many shoppers, lots of people, running around...chasing the wind.

I couldn't help being homesick, however. I've never been one to be home sick for Winnipeg, I mean....it's Winnipeg! But it was gnawing away at me.

I wanted to be at home in our little prayer room....with those that I have the priviledge of praying with.

It's a very interesting bond that's created when a few people gather together for 5 hours on a Sunday and more hours throughout the week dedicated to the same purpose. More powerful than interesting. When I tell anyone what I do on a Sunday after church, they usually either refuse to believe it possible, or think I'm downright crazy.

There's no other place I'd rather be and on the inside, I long for our prayer room to begin extending our hours. I will continue to contend for 24/7 prayer and worship in the city of Winnipeg until it's established...amen!

The weekend was beautiful, but being back is so good. I couldn't stop smiling tonight because of my excitement to be back in Winnipeg and to start it off with a good ol' fashion Prayer Meeting:)

Here's a couple pics of what I saw when I walked outside of the hotel in Florida

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The next couple posts will probably be directed at my attempt on studying the book of Hosea intensely. It's been ruining me!

Awesome! We love having you a part of us! Glad you had fun! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and feelings on Hosea!

That was such a great post! Man, you have a gift with words! The way that you described the interesting... or powerful bond that SHOP has is amazing and such a blessing! I'm happy I'm your friend : )

PS > The book of Hosea is amazing! I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Camillia
  • From Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • God has captivated my heart, stolen my gaze and has all my affections. I'm committed to pursuing the One who first pursued me. I want to Stand, Serve, Minister and Burn before the Uncreated God.
My profile