« Home | God answers prayer... » | Quick Update » | The Voice of one crying out....on Portage Ave?? » | onething Winnipeg! » | SoS Thoughts... » | Bye bye Myspace » | Update » | A Question to ponder... » | Sanctuary! » | Beeee-Log »

Onething Winnipeg

Well, in case you haven't seen any of my blogs recently or any of the signage for onething on my blog, onething began tonight, ending tomorrow. I'll say come and leave it at that.

For me, tonight was extremely impacting. I have no clue how it was for others except for the few people that I asked that said it was great. Whether they were being truthful or if they were humoring me because I had a SHOP t-shirt on, it doesn't matter. I truly hope that they grasped what was sung, spoken and prophesied.

The reason for my impacting night was the sobriety that I felt in my spirit. Not just sobriety but burning desire. I've always asked God to let me encounter His heart and His emotions towards us and what's on His mind for the city of Winnipeg. Tonight I caught a small glimpse of it.

For just a few moments I was out of my own skin and my heart was aching for this city. I could feel the heaviness of it and it made me immediately begin to intercede. On top of that, I felt genuine love for everyone in the room and I was jealous for their hearts to be wholly devoted to God; for them to truly know real intimacy with Him.

God is jealous for all people to draw near to Him of course, but as someone who has a soft spot for Winnipeg, I have a renewed passion and renewed urgency in my spirit to pray for all in the city. All the way from the homeless on the street, to the Gov't daily in the legislature building and city hall. To pray for wide-spread revelation unto salvation, for God to establish justice in the city where injustices are being performed, and for His kingdom come, His will be done in Winnipeg as it is in Heaven.

I saw a picture tonight of a dug up ground that was dug for a foundation to be laid in. Slowly I saw concrete being poured in to fill and create the foundation. The structure being built on the foundation was just beginning to be built and it looked like it would soon be a glorious masterpiece. I believe that this is just the ground work and foundation for what God wants to do here in Winnipeg. It's being built, and the best thing is that its builder and maker is God. How incredible...

And the puzzle pieces are locking together nicely and it's beginning to take on a similar look to the "box picture". God I ask that you continue to build your dwelling place here in Winnipeg. Encounter our hearts for the rest of this conference and leave us hungering for more of You. Bless the IHOPers who have come and continue to pour Your word into their mouths so that those here can hear You speak. I thank You for what You've done already by gracing us with Your sweet presence. I love You.
Amen.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket