« Home | A.D.D in the PR » | The Excellencies of Christ » | GBF Thoughts... » | Pride Vs. Humility: Death Vs. Life » | The Character of Those Who May Dwell with the Lord » | Purity and Holiness » | Things plus God or God minus things?? » | Traveling to Acquire Wisdom... » | Washroom Prophecies » | The Craziness of it all! »

1 Year Older...

So today was the day of my birth 19 years ago. Do I feel any older? No. Do I look any older? That's up to you to decide, I'm not sure. Have I grown mentally in the last year? Most definitely. But I won't bore you with those details ;)

I will, however, tell you how my day went. It was a great day, very mellow and relaxed.

I'll start by saying that I have Winnipeg friends here which I'm LOVING! It's nice to see familiar faces (again) and to hear Canadaian "accents". I had a difficult time waking up this morning and slept in until 8:00. At 8 I was supposed to be at Higher Grounds meeting with my Prayer Room team (Joanna, Jennifer and Katie) for coffee as a fun day but didn't make it in until 8:30. So we ended up going to breakfast at Panera (with the Winnipeggers) and I was treated! It was very sweet, thanks guys:)

Afterwards I spent a couple of hours in the PR just before the Lord; no studying or anything, just sitting before Him. I've sorta missed the simplicity of that and I think I'm going to have to put that back in the schedule, it's pretty important!

Next was lunch at Dean & Deluca's with Steph, Kristen, Audra and Matt. Yummy food and good company; what more could you ask for!

I spent some more time in the Prayer Room after that and then relaxed at home for a bit. A mini-surprise was coming next that I really didn't expect.

Jessica, Audra and Nick came home in the evening after previously sending me to my room so I wouldn't see what they were doing. When they finally allowed me to come upstairs, I walked into the kitchen where they were singing happy birthday with this on the kitchen table (the candles were all lit at that point. Flowers in the background aren't mine.)



I was treated to a baby sized burrito for dinner with the three of them and then made my way back home.

The night ended with one more hour in the Prayer Room and a quick trip to Walmart with Steph and Kristen, and now I'm at home ready to pass out from exhaustion only to begin another day tomorrow bright and early. Thank you to all who emailed or facebooked or said happy birthday to me today, I appreciated it and I felt and feel loved. My prayer this year is that I'll develop a greater hunger for the things of God, an increase in wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, a love that abounds still more and more everyday and that I may be filled to the fullness of God (i know that won't happen in one year but one can dream;) I really just pray that 2008 will be a year of great significance in my life:)
Here's one last picture of the presents I got today:)



Blessings!

Sounds like a lovely day! Again, happy birthday!

Happy Birthday one more time.

One questions needs to be answered. Did you finish eating that little child? ;)

And those tulips look a little limp in the last picture. I think they need some life blown into them.

I missed wishing you a happy birthday!! I am a bad friend :( It sounds like you had a great day though!

Post a Comment