« Home | Pride Vs. Humility: Death Vs. Life » | The Character of Those Who May Dwell with the Lord » | Purity and Holiness » | Things plus God or God minus things?? » | Traveling to Acquire Wisdom... » | Washroom Prophecies » | The Craziness of it all! » | 3 days..... » | Leaving for Kansas City in 14 Days » | Plugged Ears and Closed Eyes »

GBF Thoughts...

I love GBF.

Everyone on the base comes together as a family for a couple days, joining together in intercession for mercy, salvation, transformation; the Kingdom of God to be made manifest here on earth just as it is in heaven.

At one point in yesterday’s 10AM intercession set, one of my housemates came next to me and whispered, “Isn’t what we get to do so great?”
I couldn’t have agreed with her more. It’s such a privilege to stand before God, day in, day out and minister before Him. I’ve had some sweet times here of just encountering God in new ways.

Back to GBF. Fasting is one of the most vulnerable places to be; voluntary weakness is a special treasure. In my experience, it’s been the quickest way to connect with God. It kicks out the props that would make me think I’m strong in my own strength and allow me to fully rely on God and truly realize that my dependence is on Him. My every breath is dependent on Him. It’s at these times that I realize just how fragile life is and how quickly it is fading away; here today and gone tomorrow…
The team that I’m on here was doing a Worship with the Word set on Isaiah 40 Saturday night. The second cycle focused on verses 6-8.

6 The voice said, “Cry out!”
And he said, “What shall I cry?”
“All flesh is grass,
And all its loveliness is like the flower of the field.
7 The grass withers, the flower fades,
Because the breath of the Lord blows upon it;
Surely the people are grass.
8 The grass withers, the flower fades,
But the word of our God stands forever.”

So, why waste this life, which is quickly fading, on things that are temporal and also fading? If the Word of the Lord is what stands forever, I want it hidden in my heart. I want to meditate on it day and night. His Word (Bible) has moved from being read every now and then, to my daily bread, and I love it! If you’ve never tried prayerfully reading or singing through Scripture, I encourage you to do so. It works on your inner-man in more ways than you’ll ever know.

I’ll end with that bunny-trail and three encouragements for you:

  • If you’ve never fasted, or fasted for an extended period of time, try it. Of course prayer is an essential part of it, otherwise you’re just skipping meals. Really take the time to commune with God; you won’t regret it!

  • Contemplate your life and it’s focuses/priorities. Are your eyes set on things above or things beneath that are fading?

  • Prayerfully read or sing through scriptures. It will get into your spirit and it totally opens up and awakens the scriptures in your life.


Be Blessed!

I love to hear these awesome thoughts coming from you and your experiences with Jesus down at IHOP! Keep it coming!

Post a Comment