« Home | Plugged Ears and Closed Eyes » | Corn and Bibs.. » | Ugh.... » | Momentary Light Afflictions » | Onething Winnipeg » | God answers prayer... » | Quick Update » | The Voice of one crying out....on Portage Ave?? » | onething Winnipeg! » | SoS Thoughts... »

Leaving for Kansas City in 14 Days

Well, if you didn't know before, sorry!

I'm heading out to Kansas City for 3 months on New Year's Day.

If you haven't been tracking my life as of lately (which would be the majority of people), it's been a year long challenge that's finally about to take place.

After many "yes, I'm going"'s and "nope, it's not going to work out"'s, I'll be on the road soon. An incredible family has agreed to letting me stay with them for the 3 months that I'm there.
Although I'm unable to do a literal internship out there for the time being, I will be taking many teaching cd's to listen to, spending time in the prayer room daily, and who knows what else while out there. More concrete plans will take place as I go along:)

This entire mini-move has been the proverbial carrot dangling in front of me for quite a while. It was always within reach, but I could never actually reach it. I thought it would never come, but in the back of my head, I could almost taste it at all times.

Now, I am on my way. The countdown has begun, and I'm looking forward to the journey. I'm going to miss Winnipeg tons, and SHOP more than I can imagine, but I know that this is a necessary step in the bigger picture (also a desired one).

I count it an awesome privilege to be able to take 3 months, and fully consecrate it unto God with no other distractions. To be in a place where there are no demands on me from others, nothing else trying to grab my attention, and no one to take care of besides myself really. A place where, any time of day or night, I can walk into a room and there's at least 40 people already in there, worshipping God and crying out to Him in intercession and adoration. Incredible really (and can't wait until it's established in Winnipeg!)

It's going to be a life-changing, frustrating and beautiful time. I'm excited and can't wait!

I'll update this as often as I can with thoughts and lessons learned. Hopefully I'll hear from some of you:)
In the meantime, whenever you think of me while I'm out there, please pray for me!

Love to you all:)

What an opportunity for you! I pray that these 3 months shape many things for you! Life changing really! You will be missed!

That is such a great opportunity! I'm slightly jealousy (in a good way!) because I would LOVE to join you for the 3 months ; ) BUT, I will see you in February - birthday parties & single-girls-valentine's day outings are in store! O baby, O baby! I will miss you!

I am so excited for you!! I am glad I got to come and hang out last night it was awesome! I will miss you, keep us posted! This is going to be super uber good for you!

Post a Comment