« Home | The Excellencies of Christ » | GBF Thoughts... » | Pride Vs. Humility: Death Vs. Life » | The Character of Those Who May Dwell with the Lord » | Purity and Holiness » | Things plus God or God minus things?? » | Traveling to Acquire Wisdom... » | Washroom Prophecies » | The Craziness of it all! » | 3 days..... »

A.D.D in the PR

I've had a good schedule going in the PR for the past couple months. Unlike previous times of visiting IHOP where I'd fall asleep from exhaustion in the Prayer Room, I've been focused and haven't fallen asleep once!

However there are days where I have the attention span of a fly and I can get pretty distracted fairly easily and it frustrates me.

It's usually one of a couple things. I'll get in some sort of daze after singing in the spirit for a while then look up and realize that a new team has started and I spent the last 25 minutes of a set catching flies with eyes wide open. Or I'll be pacing for a while and then realize that I've just been watching the room but not actually dialogging with God or even reading or something...just walking.

Another form of it is bringing multiple focuses into the room; all legit but way too many. The other night when I was packing my bag, I realized that 1)I had no room to pack all that I wanted to and 2)I had more things in there than I could possibly get through in one day. My bag had 3 books, 2 study guides (with teachings on my computer), my computer, a commentary, my Bible and my journal/notebook. In reality I really only needed my Bible, notebook, 1 study guide and my computer. I don't particularly like going through many different focuses in a day. It's almost pure chaos to do so. We're usually encouraged to pick one thing and stick with it for the day at least or even for the week or a few weeks. It would be hard to do so if you have a limited amount of time out here and wanting to do many studies in the atmosphere of the PR. Oh the joys of figuring out life down here. AHHH!

If you ever thought sitting in a room and praying, or reading the Bible, or studying a book was easy, think again! You have to work really hard to maintain your focus and I'm learning that; slowly but surely :-)

Great job! Awesome!

Keep on going! YAY!!!

Post a Comment