« Home | 1 Year Older... » | A.D.D in the PR » | The Excellencies of Christ » | GBF Thoughts... » | Pride Vs. Humility: Death Vs. Life » | The Character of Those Who May Dwell with the Lord » | Purity and Holiness » | Things plus God or God minus things?? » | Traveling to Acquire Wisdom... » | Washroom Prophecies »

The Inner-Geek Cries Out

Photobucket

So I can't contain it much longer....

My inner-geek cries out.
Those who may not know, I am a closet geek and it wants to come out...
This will sound incredibly geeky but....

I miss making network cables. I miss talking with other geeks who actually know what they're talking about. I miss subnetting (that's a wonder in itself). I miss the OSI Model, Network fundamentals, TCP/IP Protocol, Packets, bits, Topologies, Routers, Servers, Programming....tearing apart computers and building them from scratch.....MOBO's!

I could list things forever but 1)I've probably lost a majority of people already and 2)I'm a procrastinator and don't feel like listing more.
All that needs to be known is that I miss staring at the guts of a computer more than I thought possible....it's crazy.
It's sad...I saw a box of Cat5e Cable sitting in a hall in the Prayer Room being fed into a ceiling tile opening...I knew what they were doing, and I wanted to do it too. I yearned to make a cable...pathetic. Anywho, life goes on...

That's hilarious and awesome!

I agree with Kristi. I think it's great that you want to make cables!

No! Not geeky at all.. what shirt am I wearing right now.. 'I speak musician fluently'.. we all have our 'geekiness'... I need my band/music/photo stuff. Give Shaun a call.. remember when you two were at the radio station and started talking in that bizarre geek talk... sniffling or something. And I had no clue what you were talking about!

Post a Comment