« Home | Find Me in the Night?! » | The Inner-Geek Cries Out » | 1 Year Older... » | A.D.D in the PR » | The Excellencies of Christ » | GBF Thoughts... » | Pride Vs. Humility: Death Vs. Life » | The Character of Those Who May Dwell with the Lord » | Purity and Holiness » | Things plus God or God minus things?? »

Schedule Officially Messed-Up...

There's something to be said about maintaining a regular sleep pattern.

I've thrown whatever little one I had going completely out of order. I'm sure my body is annoyed with me changing my schedule every other day, but now I can't seem to find one to work with what I'm doing.

For the month of January, I was able to get approx. 10 hours of sleep a night. With a morning schedule out here that usually put me to bed at 7pm and waking up at 5am. It was the most rigid sleep pattern I've had in a LONG time.

Last month, my schedule shifted to a Morning/Afternoonish/Eveningish schedule. Which basically meant I wanted the best of all worlds when in reality it just isn't possible. Bed time got later everyday, but "naps" during the day took the place of a good night's rest (clearly not a good idea). I would go to sleep between the hours of 12am and 3am (sometimes later) and then wake up at 6am to get ready for the morning. Can someone say DUMB IDEA!
So the days that I could not get my body to wake up after 3 hours of sleep (I wonder why?) I would sleep in until Noon and begin an afternoon/evening schedule. The smart idea would have been to just switch over to permanent afternoon/evenings but as mentioned in the last post, I love the morning section!

Needless to say, the one nightwatch I did, (also mentioned in the previous post), vexed my body. That had me sleeping from 9am until 3pm. You can imagine at this point my system is yelling at me "MAKE UP YOUR MIND!".

So I went back to going to sleep at a somewhat decent hour and staying on the morning section for a couple days. Sleep from 11pm until 6am with no "naps" during the day(that was screwing things up as well). It was working and the body was adjusting again.

Then I had the brilliant idea of going to bed a couple hours earlier yesterday after going to bed somewhat late on Monday. I went to sleep at 9pm(which isn't early at all when you put it into perspective). I think my body took this as a late night "nap" because now I sit here, writing this at 3:00am. I am fully awake and alert and why would it be any other way? The so-called "naps" I had been taking were usually in excess of 2-4 hours and then staying up later (once again can you say DUMB IDEA?!). So after a 4 hour "nap" (I've been up since 1) I sit at home debating going into the Prayer room early (yay 24/7)or trying to go back to sleep.

The moral of the story? Don't do dumb things to your body. I should have stuck to a strict routine, no matter what.

And with that, I'll end this. Sorry to bore you. I have a ton on my mind as this week is GBF (GBF stands for Global Bridegroom Fast...don't think I mentioned that in the post focused on it...sorry!) and GBF always brings on increased revelation, so look for that in a couple days or so.

Blessings!

P.S: Keep fit and have fun!

Thank you Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod.. yes I got up yesterday at 7.30 and worked (aka cleaned basement) till 4pm, then got ready and went to work from 6-9pm... then saw a movie was on..and stayed up till midnight.. grooginess ensured.

Post a Comment